Infusions are used for several different illnesses.When your doctor tells you that, you will now be receiving infusions, it tends to make you feel very overwhelmed. There are also several different types of infusions. Infusions can also range in how long they will take. I had to get an IVIG infusion for lupus, and now I’m receiving an infusion for my POTS.
My IVIG took 6-7 hours, where my POTS infusion is about an hour long. I didn’t know if I could bring food my first time, or what they would have provided for us, since I was there almost all day. I had a lot of questions and researched a ton. My major question was what to pack in my infusion bag? Here are a few ideas of what to pack in your bag for an infusion.
- Electronics- phone/kindle/ipad and charger.
- Medication that you need to take while you’re at your infusion.
- Head phones for music, or to watch a movie.
- A snack- pretzels/dried fruit/chips, apple sauce/fruit snacks…etc
- A book/crossword puzzle/sudoku/magazine..etc
- Drinks- water/juice/coffee/soda..etc
- On your first infusion you may want to bring a list of your medications, incase they ask for them.
- A blanket- they provide one, but I prefer to bring my own. *It is usually cold in infusion rooms*
- Bring a friend or family member to keep you company. *They usually allow 1 person back with you*
- Bring a positive attitude, and stay strong. ♡